I am a wannabe freezer cooker. Right now there are two things holding me back. The first is the fact that I have 2 square feet of kitchen counter prep space (I’m not exaggerating either, I need a kitchen remodel and expansion!). The second is I need to clean out my freezer. The second reason is easily fixable but the first isn’t. My friend Kim and I want to work together on freezer meals but she has been in temporary living since March and is currently in a small trailer, so she has no room either. Someday we will have our first freezer cooking prep sessions and I promise to tell you all about it! Until then I have decided to find freezer recipes to try out one at a time so when the time comes for our cooking for a month session, we will know what recipes we want to use. This Creamy Italian Chicken recipe is at the top of my list!
I found the recipe on LivingWellSpendingLess.com a little while ago and it has been calling to me ever since. So I made it last Saturday night when Kim and Bob came over for the #Noseblind Test and to watch The Perfect Summer. It’s a good night when I can do research for 3 blog posts at one time!
- 3 to 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2-8 oz packages of cream cheese softened
- 1-16 oz bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix
- 2-1 gallon freezer bags
- -8oz package shredded Parmesan cheese (optional
- In a large bowl whisk together the Italian dressing, cream cheese, soup and dressing mix until smooth.
- Label 2-1 gallon freezer bags with recipe name, additional ingredients needed, and how to prepare.
- Divide the sauce mixture into 2-1 gallon freezer bags.
- Divide the chicken into the bags, press out all the air and freeze.
- Place frozen contents of bag into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Pour contents of bag into a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and broil for several minutes until cheese is lightly brown and bubbly.
This meal can be prepared in the oven or in the crockpot!
Serve over pasta and with bread sticks.
Mom Maven’s Thoughts
OMG! This recipe has shot to the top of the favorites list! When I made it I froze one bag and baked the other right away. Everyone loved this dish and it was voted in the top 2 dinner recipes I make! In our opinion you must serve this with bread sticks because the sauce is so delicious you want to sop it all up…or lick your plate!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!