While I was doing my research, the planner I wanted had to cover several things that I felt were important:
- It had to be about planning a Christian wedding.
- It had to include checklists.
- It had to include a timeline.
- It had to keep Christ first in every element of the planning.
- I wanted a 3-ring binder format if possible.
- I wanted it to include notes or devotions for the bride to keep her focus on what is truly important.
All Things Are Ready includes all that and more! I actually found this book on the Doorposts.com site. We have used products from Doorposts in our child training since our children were young. I knew that they advocated courting, as we did so I thought they might have a wedding book to recommend…and they did!
About All Things Are Ready
This is a new Christian wedding planner that will help you organize a beautiful, enjoyable wedding. Unlike most wedding planners available today, this planner looks at weddings from a distinctly Christian, Bible-based viewpoint.
This Christian wedding planner is based on three basic assumptions:
- Planning your wedding doesn’t have to take very long (unless you want it to).
- The cost of your wedding should not exceed what your family can afford.
- A Christian wedding is all about rejoicing in what the Lord has done in the lives of two people and their families.
All Things Are Ready is full of to-do lists, planning resources, tips, budgeting and timeline tools, options for personalizing your wedding, ideas for portraying biblical themes, and devotions to keep your focus on the Lord and the work He is doing in your life through marriage.
Mom Maven’s Thoughts
All Things Are Ready has been an invaluable resource for us as we plan a frugal, Christ-honoring wedding in 6.5 months. We were easily able to tweak the 12 week wedding planning calendar to meet our longer planning period. My husband meet weekly with the couple and go over what has to be worked on each week. This keeps us all on track and keeps the planning moving forward. The Master List is a wonderful tool to make sure we don’t miss any little detail of the planning process. The bride’s devotions are helping keep the focus on the love she and the groom have for each other and God and not on stressing over the small stuff.
If you, or someone you love is getting married I recommend All Things Are Ready: A Bride’s Complete Christian Wedding Planner. It will keep the focus on the big picture while making sure every little detail is covered at the same time.