Summertime is here in Florida so that means I like to grill or use my crockpot so that the house doesn’t heat up a lot while I’m preparing dinner. Crockpot meals are great for busy days too because I can throw everything in and let it cook. Today’s recipe for Crockpot Sticky Chicken wasn’t on my Recipes I want to Try Pinterest board very long.
I am truly a beef lover but with meat prices soaring and beef is just crazy right now so I am looking for more chicken recipes to keep us going through the summer. Today’s recipe is easy and delicious and would be great served over egg noodles or rice.
- 4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup Apricot Preserves
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 TBSP water
- Spray the crockpot with cooking spray to help with cleanup.
- Mix the barbecue sauce and the preserves together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the soup mix over the sauce and chicken.
- Dribble the water on top.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
We all enjoyed this recipe. I liked the sweetness the preserves added to the barbecue sauce. It was good over the egg noodles. I’ve never thought about cooking with preserves before but stay tuned…I have another recipe with preserves coming up soon!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!