Happy Friday! Today we have a new recipe that is an instant favorite in our house, Pesto Ranch Rigatoni. It is also one that didn’t sit long on my Recipes I want to Try Pinterest board!
Follow Cindy Schultz-TheMomMaven.com’s board Recipes I want to try on Pinterest.
In our house we love pasta, pesto and ranch so this seemed like a perfect fit even before I made it. Unfortunately, I did find out that the men in my house do not appreciate meatless meals. They quickly grilled up some chicken breasts when they realized that I wasn’t cooking any meat. In the future, we decided I will make crockpot shredded chicken to add in with the Pesto Ranch Rigatoni and bake it in a 13×9″ pan. If your family demands meat, I suggest you try it too.
You can add cooked, shredded chicken with the pasta. Bake in a 13x9" pan.
- 1/4 cup prepared Pesto
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 box Rigatoni
- 10-14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzerella cheese
- Cook the rigatoni, following the directions on the box.
- Drain the rigatoni and put it back in the pot.
- Stir in the ranch dressing, pesto, tomatoes and 1 cup of the mozzerella cheese.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a 2 qt baking dish.
- Top with remaining mozzerella cheese.
- Spray foil with cooking spray and then cover the pasta with the foil.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake and additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Original recipe called for 28 oz of diced tomatoes. My husband is not a tomato fan so I cut that in half, and there were plenty of tomatoes.
Is this a recipe you think your family will enjoy? I hope so! Will you try it with or without the chicken? Don’t forget to check out all of my Easy Pasta Recipes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!