We LOVE good wings but they are getting so expensive we just aren’t able to go out as often as we used too. I had always thought that making wings at home would be too difficult, until I made the Cajun Buffalo Wings earlier this year. Hubby was working the other night and I didn’t feel like going to the grocery store so I dug around in the kitchen to see what I had on hand. I had 2lbs of frozen chicken wings so I decided to defrost them and create something new. I went to Pinterest and read several wing recipes then when it was time to start dinner, I created this recipe…and it was good!
- 2 lbs chicken wings/pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Barbecue Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Rays)
- 3 TBS honey
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425°
- Place a wire rack in a baking sheet with sides.
- Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In another bowl, mix the flour with the salt and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken pieces under running water and pat dry.
- Dip a piece of chicken into the egg mixture.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour.
- Place on the wire rack.
- Bake the wings for 25 minutes.
- Turn wings over and bake for 25 more minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the baking time is finished, you need to prepare the barbecue sauce.
- In a saucepan heat the barbecue sauce and honey over medium heat. Stirring continuously until sauce is hot.
- Remove wings from oven.
- Pour sauce into a large bowl with a lid.
- Put a few wings at a time in the bowl, secure the lid and "toss" the wings in the sauce.
- Place the wings back onto the wire rack.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with French fries and Ranch dressing.
How do you like your wings? Hot, mild, spicy, Asian? I like them lots of different ways! Don’t forget you can always find lots of Easy Recipes by clicking on the “Recipes” tab at the top of the page.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!