This recipe is another one that has been on my “Recipes I Want to Try” Pinterest Board for a loooong time. The main reason it was there is because it called for shredded chicken and…I didn’t know how to make shredded chicken! Finally, I did a Google search and found several posts and videos on how to accomplish this task. It was so simple I felt stupid! I don’t want you to feel stupid so I have added the steps for how to make shredded chicken to this recipe. You can use the shredded chicken for tons of recipes once you learn this simple technique so I hope you find this addition to the recipe useful.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 8 refrigerator crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can full of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- Pour water or chicken broth over the chicken. making sure the chicken is covered with liquid, add more if necessary.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and place on cutting board.
- Using 2 forks shred the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil.
- In a bowl mix soup and milk together and set aside.
- Separate crescent rolls.
- Spoon shredded chicken onto crescent roll.
- Add a spoonful of cheese to the crescent roll.
- Roll up the crescent roll starting from the wide end. Pinch the edges so the cheese and chicken are sealed inside.
- Pour the soup mixture over the crescents.
- Shake on salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!