As an iPhone user I can attest to the fact that yes, there’s an app for that. I try a lot of apps and if they don’t float my boat I delete them but many of them stay. One of my newest apps is Scantopia – LuckyLabs. Scantopia is a hybrid shopping-coupon-game app that has you scan barcodes while at home or at the store. Each code you scan can earn you cash, coins or coupons. The app is available on Apple and Android Devices.
The photo above is the home screen of the app.
- Scan & Win is where you do your scanning. You can scan things around your house or at the store. you can earn cash, coins or product coupons.
- Progressive Jackpot is exactly what it sounds like. You can buy entries to the jackpot by spending the coins you earn for scanning items.
- Daily Super Scans are special items to scan that earn cash. For example “The First 200 people who scan an eligible Funyuns Onion Flavored Rings from their home location wins 25 cents.”
- Weird Sweeps are sweepstakes you can enter by spending coins you have earned.
- Cash Out is where you…cash out. You need a minimum of $3.00 in your account to cash out. Accounts are cashed out via PayPal.
Mom Maven’s Thoughts
I have enjoyed playing with the app and so far I have earned $2.00 and 50 coins. I have spent 7 of those coins on jackpot and sweepstakes entries. I’m not going to get rich off of this app but I will continue to use it because every penny counts and soon I’ll have earned enough to buy a medium hot cocoa at Dunkin’ Donuts and that is worth it.
Disclosure: I am writing this review as a member of Pollen-8. All opinions are 100% mine.