Duncan Hines Spice Cake is my absolute favorite cake in the world. It has been my birthday cake for years and it was even my wedding cake! My spice cakes don’t have to be fancy, though I’m all for trying something new. I found a recipe on Pinterest for Crockpot Cinnamon Spice Cake and I knew I HAD to try it. Since it only took 2 hours in the crockpot I brought all of the ingredients and my crockpot to our small group meeting and prepared the cake there.we usually eat dinner, do our Bible study and then play games and eat dessert so I knew I had plenty of time to let it cook. Unfortunately, because I made it there, I forgot to take pictures of the preparation! Sorry 🙁
- 1 box Duncan Hines Spice Cake mix
- 1/2 cup Mott's Apple Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pam cooking spray
- 1 can Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl beat together the cake mix, apple sauce, water, eggs and cinnamon.
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with Pam.
- Pour the batter into the crockpot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove cake from crockpot.
- While still warm, frost the cake and serve.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!