I adore Chicken Parmesan and I have tried a few recipes over the years but it just never turns out as well as I hope. My search is over! I’ve had this recipe on my “Recipes I want to Try” Pinterest board for a while and I finally made it a few weeks ago. The original pin comes from Spoonful.com’s “20 Quick Fixes for Boneless Chicken Breasts” and I plan to try some of the other recipes in the future. If you are a Chicken Parmesan fan like I am I urge you to pin, print or bookmark this Easy Cheesy Chicken Parmesan recipe so that when the craving hits you can whip it up. I actually had all of the ingredients on hand so I didn’t even need to run to the store before making this one.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, separated
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 TBS milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2-4 TBS olive oil for frying
- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzerella
- Rinse the chicken breasts under running water, then place them on a double layer of paper towels and blot them dry.
- Pound down the chicken breasts so they are about 1/3 inch thick.
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper in a shallow medium-size bowl. Stir them to mix.
- In a separate shallow bowl or pie plate, beat together the egg and milk.
- Spread the flour on a plate.
- Arrange the breading ingredients in assembly-line fashion in this order: cutlets, flour, egg mixture, crumb mixture, empty plate.
- Working one piece at a time, dredge both sides of the cutlet in the flour, knocking off the excess.
- Dip both sides of the floured cutlet in the egg mixture.
- Coat both sides of the cutlet with the crumb mixture. Set the breaded cutlet on a clean plate and repeat the process with the remaining pieces.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and pour in enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan, about 2 tablespoons. Heat the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the cutlets. (If your pan isn't large enough to cook 4 chicken breasts at once, cook them in batches rather than overcrowd the pan.) Fry each side for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. (To test, make a small cut in the center of the meat; there shouldn't be any traces of pink.) Remove the cutlets from the heat.
- Heat the oven to 375°.
- Oil a shallow 9- by 13-inch baking pan. Pour 2 cups of pasta sauce into the pan.
- Add the chicken cutlets.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the top, then cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
I heated up the rest of the large jar of sauce to pour over the spaghetti I made for a side dish.
WE served the Chicken Parmesan with a side dish of spaghetti, garlic bread sticks and salad. It was a delicious Italian themed dinner that was enjoyed by everyone.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and all of the easy recipes I share here on The Mom Maven. I hope you share them on your social networks ie. Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and G+. I just ask that you not copy and share the entire recipe with photos. Please use the sharing buttons below and share the link to this post. Thanks!