I am a firm believer that when kids help in the kitchen they are willing to eat foods they may never have tried before. When they get to help prepare part of a meal they have a vested interest in the meal and they want to eat what they have made. In the book TIME for Kids Kids in the Kitchen Cookbook: Fun recipes for kids to make! there are many recipes for kids and parents to make together.
The book features step-by-step, easy recipes provided by the food experts at myRecipes.com. Applesauce Muffins, Chocolate Chip Waffles, Fruit Smoothies, Sweet Potato Fries, Fish and Chips, Sloppy Joe Sliders, and Creamy Berry Fruit Pops are just some of the recipes you’ll find inside! Kids will practice measuring ingredients, reading nutritional labels and learn the basics of cooking. In addition to recipes, other topics featured in Kids in the Kitchen Cookbook include:
- Kitchen Basics and The Young Chef’s Toolbox
- Smart Food Choices Mean Good Eats (Stay-Fit Tips and Goals for Good Health)
- How to Avoid Kitchen Disasters
- You Can Measure (Metric Equivalents)
- A Word Search Puzzle
- Facts, World Records and Articles from TIME For Kids
- And much more!
My 7yo friend Matthew and I chose to make the Cheesy Chive Potato Chips…with a few changes to meet our tastes.
We made a double batch for 5 of us and we could have eaten more!
- 12 oz potatoes
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Sea Salt
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Scrub potatoes with a brush
- Slice potatoes lengthwise as thin as you can (I wish I had a mandolin to do this step but I don't)
- Combine potatoes and oil in a large bowl.
- Lay potato slices out in a single layer on a cooking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray
- Sprinkle Sea Salt on the potatoes
- Sprinkle Shredded Parmesan Cheese on the potatoes
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown,
This recipe was easy and Matthew was a great helper. If you have little chef’s in your life this recipe book would make a great gift.
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book for the purpose of this review. All opinions are 100% mine.