In my continuing quest to find new, easy, delicious side dish recipes on Pinterest, I recently found a plethora of Corn Salad recipes. In all honesty I hadn’t ever considered eating corn cold before so this type of salad had never really crossed my mind. Every recipe I found had one or more ingredients that I don’t like in them so, in the end I mixed and matched and created my own.
I made the recipe for our weekly small group dinner and my
guinea pigs friends that tried it, enjoyed it and so did I. The salad is light and makes a great summer side dish. I might even bring it to this Sunday’s church picnic since it is such an easy recipe to make.
- 1 lb frozen loose corn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Gather all of your ingredients and a sharp knife.
- Cook the corn according to the package instructions.
- Rinse the cooked corn under cold running water.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Finely chop the fresh basil.
- Chop the red bell pepper.
- Place the corn, tomatoes, basil, red bell pepper and feta cheese into your salad bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, salt and pepper
- Pour of the salad and toss well.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Have you ever had Corn Salad before? What do you like in yours? Leave me a comment and let me know.
Please feel free to share the link to this recipe on your favorite social media sites, pin it to your Pinterest “Easy Recipes” board or to your own recipe box via ZipList! I appreciate all the love you give my recipes, just please don’t copy and paste the entire recipe somewhere…like Facebook, that isn’t sharing it is stealing.