A few years ago we sent Aaron to a “Teen Grilling” cooking class at the Apron’s School at Publix. He LOVED the class and learned a lot of great grilling tips and techniques. He is definitely the best Grill Master in the family. During the class they made several recipes and our favorite is this Marinated Flank Steak. Due to the price of the flank steak he only makes this once a year or so. This year he made it for our July 5th family cookout and he made a double batch and as much as I was hoping for leftovers to make a steak salad with the next day, the 10 of us ate it all…and could have eaten more.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 TBS honey
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger, garlic and vegetable oil.
- Lay the steak in a shallow dish.
- Pour marinade over the steak, then turn and coat the other side.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or over night, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Place the steaks on grill and discard the marinade.
- Grill steaks for 10-15 minutes, turning once, or to desired doneness.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do. It has become Aaron’s signature dish! Please feel free to share this recipe on your Pinterest “Easy Recipes” board and share the link on Facebook, Twitter and your other social sharing sites. If you try this please let me know how you like it.