I needed an easy dessert recipe for small group a few weeks ago. I started looking through some of the recipe magazines I have reviewed for something summer-y. I came across a recipe for an ice cream sandwich cake-which was rather complicated BUT that reminded me of the cake I used to make a few years ago. I searched my blog and realized I had never shared this easy summer recipe with you.
- 1/2 cup Hot Fudge Sauce-warmed
- 1 cup Cool Whip-defrosted
- 8 oz Cool Whip-defrosted
- 12 Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 feet of aluminum foil
- Mix 1 cup Cool Whip with Hot Fudge to make filling.
- Remove the wrappers from the ice cream sandwiches and set on a plate.
- Lay the aluminum foil on the counter and lay 4 ice cream sandwiches side-by-side in the middle of the foil.
- Spread 1/2 of the filling over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Stack 4 more ice cream sandwiches on top of the filling.
- Spread the rest of the filling on top of the second layer.
- Add the third layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Using the 8oz of Cool Whip, frost the cake on all sides.
- Tightly wrap the cake in the foil.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Slice and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this easy summer cake! Please feel free to share it with your friends on your “Easy Recipes” Pinterest board.