I am always on the lookout for easy recipes and lately I have seen several versions of orange cream poke cakes flying around the internet. Instead of making all of them and deciding which I liked best, I took what I thought were the best parts of each of them and created my own. Guess what? It worked! My Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is delicious, light and easy to make.
- 1 Duncan Hines White Cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 2-3 oz pkgs Orange Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1-3.4 oz box Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1-8 oz container Cool Whip thawed
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- Bake the 13x9" cake according to the directions on the box.
- Cool cake in pan 15 minutes then on serving dish 1 hour.
- Using a wooden spoon poke holes 1-2" apart and 3/4 of the way through the cake.
- Boil 1 cup of water
- Mix in orange Jello until dissolved
- Add 1 cup cold water
- Pour Jello over cake, into holes
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour
- Mix 1 cup milk and vanilla pudding mix
- Fold in Cool Whip and 1/4 tsp orange extract
- Frost cake
- Keep refrigerated until serving
I am in love with this frosting and I will be using the pudding and Cool Whip frosting in other recipes as it gave the cake a light fluffy topping with a bit more substance than just Cool Whip alone. I brought the cake to my small group and they loved it and said it was a perfect summer dessert. I brought slices into work where they also got rave reviews and Pastor asked me to make it for the next church picnic.
I hope you enjoy my Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake recipe and share it with your friends on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook by using the sharing buttons below.