Last week I shared the Apple Pie Cupcakes I made for my father-n-law for Father’s Day, today I’ll share the cake I made for my dad. My dad is a fan of banana, as am I so I thought this Banana Cream cake I found on Pinterest might be just the special dessert for him. The cake was easy to make and didn’t require a lot of ingredients.
- 1 Classic Yellow Cake Mix + ingredients to make cake (eggs, oil & water)
- 2 (3.4oz) Instant Banana Pudding
- 1 (8oz) tub of Cool Whip Lite (thawed)
- 4 cups milk
- 20 Nilla Wafers (crushed
- Following the directions on the box make the cake in a 9x13 pan.
- After the cake is baked allow it to cool completely.
- Using a wooden spoon poke holes in the cake every 1,5-2 inches
- In a medium bowl mix the 2 pkgs of pudding with the 4 cups of milk.
- Let the pudding sit for 2-3 minutes to stiffen up a bit.
- Pour the pudding over the cake, making sure it gets into the holes.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Spread Cool Whip over the cake.
- Top with crushed Nilla Wafers.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.