Last Saturday night my husband and I celebrated Father’s Day with his parents. My father-in-law wanted apple pie for dessert but that just seemed boring so I concocted a recipe for Apple Pie Cupcakes based off of the Cinnamon Roll Dutch Apple Pie I made last fall. The cupcakes were a hit and the photos I shared on Instagram got lots of likes and requests for the recipe. These cupcakes are very easy to make and only call for a few ingredients-I had all but 2 of them in my pantry!
These cupcakes are best eaten with a fork because of the apple filling.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 c butter-softened
- 1 can Comstock More Apple Pie Filling
- 1 1/4 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1 tube Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can Redi-Whip
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners
- Roll wax paper out onto the counter.
- Open the tube of cinnamon rolls.
- Separate the rolls and flatten each one out.
- Place one roll into each cupcake liner and press into the sides and bottom.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- While that is baking, prepare the topping and filling.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, brown sugar and softened butter together with a fork. This is a streusel topping so it should be crumbly.
- In a medium bowl pour in the entire can of apple pie filling.
- Using a fork and knife quickly dice the apple slices into smaller chunks.
- Mix in the apple pie spice.
- Spoon the filling into the pre-baked cupcakes-all the way to the top.
- Crumble the topping onto the cupcakes.
- Bake for 7 more minutes.
- Top with Redi-Whip before serving.
- (I like to eat mine warm so I microwaved it for 15 seconds)
I hope you enjoy this recipe, please feel free to share it with your friends on your Pinterest “Easy Recipes” board, Facebook and Twitter by linking to this post. You can also print this recipe or save it in your Ziplist recipe box by clicking the link at the top. Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my twist on apple pie.