As much as I like to think I stay up to date with technology, one place I am way behind the times is my vehicle. I drive a 1999 Chevy Venture that we bought used 6 or 7 years ago. My van has a decent after market CD player in it but other than that it is lacking in technology. There is no navigation system, mp3 jack or hands free cell phone device. These reasons are why I was excited to get to review the BlueAnt S4 Speakerphone.
- Make and answer calls using just your voice.
- Text to Speech technology reads out the name of the incoming caller.
- Stores up to 2,000 phonebook entries per paired device.
- Embedded audio help talks you through setup and operation.
- Multipoint: connect to 2 phones and answer the one that rings.
- A2DP streaming for playback of music, podcasts and directions from a GPS application on your phone.
- Full duplex, high volume speaker for rich booming audio.
- Outstanding wind, road, and background noise reduction for clear calls no matter how noisy it is.
- Sleek design with touch sensitive volume controls.
- Zero installation costs (fixes to the car sun visor).
- Hardware on/off switch.
- Up to 20 hours talk time; 700 hours standby.
- 2 year replacement warranty (excludes clip and charger).
I have been using mine for over a month now and I love it!! It was very easy to pair my phone to the speakerphone and start using in as soon as it was charged. It clips right to my visor so installation was a snap. I turn it on when I get in the car and shut it off when I get out so that it is always ready while I am driving. As with any voice controlled device, you do need to learn the commands and speak clearly so that it can understand your commands. Sometimes it takes more than one try to get a call to go through because it can’t quite understand you. To show you just how easy it is yo use, I made a little video.
Do you have a speakerphone? Do you use a bluetooth headset? Want one for yourself? Stop by the BlueAnt website and check them out.
Disclosure: I received the BlueAnt S4 Speakerphone for the purpose of this review. All opinions are 100% mine.