What is UBP11? It is the Ultimate Blog Party 2011 sponsored by 5 Minutes for Mom. It is literally a blog hop on steroids with hundreds of blogs participating and tons of giveaways too! Visit the link above for all the information on how to enter the awesome giveaways.
If you are visiting from #UBP11, welcome! My name is Cindy and I am a happily married, homeschooling mom of a 15yo 11th grade son and an 18yo college sophomore son. I’ve been blogging since 2008. I am also the Connections Director for our church, and I teach piano, flute, clarinet and musical theater to homeschoolers. We are huge Disney fans and since it is 100 miles from our front door to Mickey’s we visit as often as we can.
Please feel free to hang out and look around. I’ve gathered some of my favorite posts to help you get to know me better.
My 900th Blog Post-What’s Next?
A Giveaway too!
What is a party without presents? I am sponsoring a UPB11 giveaway but I also wanted to do a giveaway here on my site for UBP11 visitors so…how about a copy of Sam Stern’s “Get Cooking” Get Cooking is Sam Stern’s third cookbook. That fact may not excite you. What if I told you he was only 18 years old when he wrote it and that he wrote his first cookbook when he was 14! The concept behind Get Cooking is rather creative. Sam teamed up with seven of his friends. Has asked each of them for their favorite main ingredient and then he set out to create recipes for them. The book has eight sections-including one for Sam.
This book is written to teens. The goal is to encourage teens to Get Cookin’. The recipe directions are well written and easy to understand. I also love that this cookbook is filled with amazing photographs. The pictures aren’t just of the food either. Since this book was created by Stern for his friends; they are featured in the photos along with the food.
Mandatory 1st Entry: Leave me a comment telling me your child’s favorite thing to cook or bake.
Bonus Entries:Leave a separate comment for each entry
- Leave a comment on any other non giveaway post on this blog, then leave a comment telling me which post you commented on.
- Follow me on Twitter @MomMaven
- Like TheMomMaven on Facebook
- Add my button to your blog 5 entries (leave me a link to the page where my button is)
- Sign my petition to get Rene Syler (former CBS Morning Show Anchor) on Dancing with the Stars
- Tweet this post using the retweet button (and leave me a comment that you tweeted)
- Like this post on Facebook using the button at the bottom of the post
- Blog subscribers, GFC friends and Networked blog followers get 1 entry each
This giveaway is open to US entries only. The winner will be chosen by Random.org. This giveaway ends at 9pm on April 8, 2011.