If you are a college football fan like me than you have enjoyed two weeks of exciting bowl games that all led up to tonight’s BCS Championship game. I am a firm believer that special games call for special snacks. I know it is late but you probably have everything you need to whip up some Half Time Skins or other quick recipe and surprise the football fans in your house!
The Idaho Potato Commission (IPC) has put together a Bowl Frenzy Recipe Resource with easy-to-tackle recipes perfect for pleasing football-sized appetites.
Score big with your football fans by serving up a delicious spread including these easy recipes:
– Fiesta Wraps;
– Half Time Skins;
– Idaho® Potato and Chicken Gumbo;
– And more!
Even better, Idaho® potatoes are a low-calorie, nutrient-packed addition to any meal.
- One Idaho® potato has 26 grams of carbohydrates. Superior athletes like Olympians and football players need at least 60-70% of their diets to be comprised of complex carbohydrates like those found in potatoes. With the added benefits of vitamin C, fiber and potassium, could there be a more perfect food for an athlete?
- Each 5.3 oz Idaho® potato is only 110 calories, contains zero fat and cholesterol, and is packed with nutrients including 45% daily value of vitamin C, nearly two times as much potassium as a banana, fiber, protein, vitamin B6 and complex carbohydrates. At about 25 cents per potato, that’s a lot of nutritional bang for your buck – and even better, your quarter!
- Feeling anxious about the big game? Eating potatoes can actually calm you when you’re feeling stressed because potatoes and other carbohydrate-rich foods contain serotonin, a chemical in the brain that regulates mood.
- Idaho® potatoes can make you smarter! Studies have shown that foods high in carbohydrates encourage greater mental clarity.
Click the link for the Half Time Skins recipe.
If you try any of these recipes, or any others posted here at The Mom Maven, please come back here and leave me a comment. I love to hear from you.