This week’s featured Tyson Heat ‘n Eat Entree is Braised Beef brisket with Mild Chili Sauce. By serving this entree to your family you can experience the flavor of the southwest in your own dining room. Tender whole beef roast bursting with the flavors of mild chipotle and ancho chill peppers is roasted with tomatoes, cumin and coriander. It’s perfect for shredding or slicing.
This week’s featured recipe is Brisket Quesadillas with Creamy Salsa Dip. Sounds yummy!
Brisket Quesadillas with Creamy Salsa Dip
Recipe Courtesy of Robin Miller and Tyson Foods
Recipe serves 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
1 package (17.6 ounces) Tyson® Braised Beef Brisket with Mild Chili Sauce
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
4 ounce can diced green chilies
8 (taco-size or 8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
½ cup light sour cream
½ cup prepared salsa
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
1. Coat a large skillet, griddle or strove-top grill pan with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
2. Empty contents of brisket into a large bowl, and using two forks, pull the beef apart into shreds. Add cheese and green chilies and mix well.
3. Arrange tortillas on a flat surface and spoon the brisket mixture onto one side of each tortilla. Fold over the un-topped side, covering the filling. Place the quesadillas on a hot pan and cook three minutes per side until tortillas are golden brown and cheese melts.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, salsa and cilantro (if using). Cut each quesadilla in half crosswise and serve with sour cream dip on the side.
Now…about the giveaway, with each week’s recipe post I will be giving away to 2 winners 1 coupon each for a FREE Tyson Heat ‘N Eat Entree. This has a value of up to $6.99 and is a great way to try something new.
To Enter (mandatory 1st Entry) Leave me a comment telling me how you would serve the Beef Brisket in Fire Onion Sauce. Be creative, I’m always looking for new recipes and meal ideas for my family.
Bonus Entries (leave a separate comment for each one that you complete)
1. Tweet this “Win a FREE Tyson Heat ‘N Eat Entree from @MomMaven http://bit.ly/V34OE” and leave a comment with the URL of the tweet
2. Stumble, Digg, or Prop this post with a comment and post the URL here in your comment for each one you you
3. Subscribe to my RSS feed-click on the orange heart icon in the sidebar (current subscribers just let me know you subscribe)
4. Follow my blog by becoming a follower on Google Friend Connect (current followers just let me kow you follow)
This giveaway ends 6/19/09 at 7:00pm. US and Canada entries only.